Wednesday 9 April 2014

Hope Rovelto







The artist uses techniques such as casting, throwing and printing. The artist predominantly casts non-functional chairs in porcelain. Her work is interesting to view and contemplate on.

The artist uses molds in her making process. This is common among many in our group.

"When approaching a creative idea, I first investigate the meaning then vividly see 
the finished piece in my mind.With the combination of my knowledge, hands and 
intelligence, I recreate the work in 3-dementional installations."

"Instead of referencing myself 
directly as the subject I use chairs as the metaphor for self and people overall."

"It is the uncertainty of processes in clay mirroring the uncertainty of experiences 
in life that push me to keep making. "

"There are times when I feel I have lack of control in 
my life, but I find control when I create with clay."

"Clay is an honest material, and it will 
not take form without confidence and the artist’s hands."




No comments:

Post a Comment